McAfee is prominent antivirus software enabled with all sorts of cutting-edge technology that does not let online threats like viruses, malware, spyware, Trojan, phishing and many more intrude on your devices. In this scenario, the online environment is not secured and safe for the users, there are oodles of issues that have been noticed or appeared and millions of innocent tech-users have been victims of cyber crime. McAfee gives invincible protection to your devices or your personal identity or online data. Online credentials are vulnerable that can be accessed by hackers easily. Despite being sophisticated security software, McAfee carries many drawbacks and one of the most common issues encountered by its users is why McAfee slow down System Performance.
The speed of the computer gets slower after installing McAfee antivirus. Once the system slowdowns the users get bored and irritated and their work is suffered badly like navigating from one program to another, checking email or reply, or surfing the internet. The occurrence of this issue happens due to many reasons and some general causes with their solution are explained below.
Reasons And Solutions Of Affecting The Performance Of Computer
1. If your system does not meet the system requirement of McAfee antivirus, the issue is bound to be encountered by its users. Most of the time this issue appears due to low capacity RAM which effects the system performance badly and this is one of main reason why McAfee slow down System Performance. This issue can be resolved if you upgrade the RAM of your system. If your system is not compatible with McAfee, you upgrade the hardware of your system.
2. The internet connection can be one of the reasons as well. If the internet is not compatible with your McAfee plan; you cannot do your work on the system like email checking, surfing, online transactions, and more. Owing to slow internet, the computer takes more time to run a McAfee virus scan, install the latest updates, and download. In order to resolve this issue, you can contact the internet service provider and ask for high-speed broadband connection. Besides, if your computer is idle, let your program run a virus scan or update your security software.
3. Simultaneous running of two or more antivirus on the system reduces the speed of your system terribly because it may conflict with each other. The best solution to get rid of this issue is you must uninstall one of the software so; McAfee can do its work at its full strength on your PC.
4. Nowadays, unlike the old version of McAfee antivirus, the latest McAfee antivirus versions comes with a built-in firewall, it can be also a good reason behind the slowing down of system performance. Take a note of it, if there is already one firewall installed on your system then uninstall the other one immediately, thus you will have a good speed of the internet and it can also make your Web browser faster.
5. If your security program is not updated, McAfee slow down System Performance. So, update the security program timely thus you can enhance the speed of the system.
6. Web browsers play a pivotal role in reducing or enhancing the speed of the system like Mozilla Firefox and Chrome work faster than the internet explorer.
McAfee slow down System Performance but this issue can be resolved with ease within a few minutes if you go through this article. However, if you are unable to fix this issue, you can get support remotely from McAfee Activate experts who have vast experience and can fix this issue in a minute.