McAfee Antivirus is surely one of the most dependable and trustworthy security solutions across the globe. Nevertheless, McAfee Antivirus programs have their share of concerns as well as other security solutions in the market today. Some of the common problems of McAfee on Windows 10 include antivirus software validation failure, the computer hangs during the process, unsuccessful installation, McAfee Activation Error, missing file, or Common Update Error after installation, among others. This post aims to solve the problem of how to fix McAfee Not Opening problem on Windows 10.
Common Reasons For McAfee Not Opening Problem
You will find specific reasons why this problem keeps happening. Some of the culprits include:
- An outdated OS
- McAfee antivirus service failure
- Conflicts with another security software
- Conflicts with Windows Defender Firewall
Steps To Fix McAfee Not Opening Problem
We have gathered below a list of solutions that you can try to fix McAfee Not Opening problem in your Windows 10.
1. Update your OS
An older version of the operating system could trigger this issue on your Windows10 device.
- Go the Settings window and click on Update & Security
- Choose the Update tab and go for Check for Updates
- You can click on the Update button if an update is accessible
- Your device will restart after you update the system.
2. Run the program as an Administrator
- Click on the antivirus application and choose the Properties button.
- Go to Compatibility and check on the Run this program in compatibility modefor. You can then pick the OS from the list.
- Choose the Apply option, then followed by the OK button.
3. Turn off another security software
You might not be able to open your McAfee program, especially if you have installed another security program.
- Click on the Windows icon and click Settings.
- Double click on the Apps section.
- Choose the Apps & Feature tab located on the left panel.
- Scroll down the page and look for another security program. Click Uninstall to begin the deleting process.
- Reboot the system and open the McAfee program.
4. Run the McAfee Antivirus Service
- Start the Run box. Type services.msc and press the Enter button. You can also click the OK tab.
- Find the McAfee antivirus service and right-click on it after you’re in the Services window.
- Select the Start button to run the service.
- Check if the problem is fixed or not after restarting the service.
5. Disable the Windows Defender Firewall
Did you know that the Windows Defender Firewall could stop the McAfee program from opening? Here’s what you need to do to fix McAfee Not Opening issue.
- Choose the Control Panel window. Double click on the Windows Firewall.
- Choose Turn Windows Defender Firewall off and on option on the left panel.
- Tick on the Turn off Windows Defender Firewall option from both Public Network Settings and Private Network Settings (not suggested).
- Choose OK to save the changes.
There you have it! We hope with these solutions, you’ll be able to fix McAfee Not Opening issues on your Windows 10 computer and your PC would be safe again.