McAfee is the name of the leading antivirus, which comes with a bundle of innovative features in this tech era. Owing to its advanced features, the subscribers of McAfee are being increased by leaps and bounds. Despite being prominent, the users of its face a few of the problem, and one of the common issues which is faced by its users, is McAfee installation error on MacOS. In this post, the solution of the issue has been explained in details by McAfee Antivirus Activation experts. McAfee antivirus software is available in many versions and a few of them are not compatible with macOS versions which are known as a 10.15 (macOS Catalina). The installation of McAfee gets failed if you find this message.
System Extensions And MacOS
Some of the system extensions are not supportable with macOS, and will not be supportable either in the future as well. Here are a few tips that will guide you to overcome this issue. It is known by two names like system extension or kernel extensions or kext. In general, the main purpose of using system extensions is to increase the functionality of your Mac. The installation of a few apps is a part of a system extension that functions using the older methods but it is not reliable as modern alternatives.
With the help of McAfee system extension, all the security products including firewall, web advisor, virus scanner and so on becomes macOS integrated with ease. Apple made its announcement publically in 2019 in terms of its macOS Catalina which is last one is enabled with system extensions and we work on transforming the software. Solutions are given below in terms of system extension.
The Internet Security For Mac Via Kext
• Access to the menu bar and click on “McAfee menu”.
• Select the product which is used by your Mac like McAfee live safe, McAfee total protection.
• Now, click “Mac security” and make your system enable with firewall, and time scanning.
• Search for the “we need permission” and go through this message and you will have to open “security & privacy” to permit the extension. Thus, you can set up your security protection.
• Now, tap on “OK” After that it will permit the process to continue.
Authorize Kext Under System Preferences
• You access desktop and you will find the “apple menu” to click at the top left.
• Now, tap on “system preferences”.
• Tap on “security & privacy”.
• You can lock.
• Now, tap on the “general” tab.
• After that you will go to “allow apps downloaded from” after you can select “app store and identified developers”.
• Now, search for the message that explains you will find the message like McAfee is blocked from being loaded.
• During the next step, you can tap on “allow” to permit the extension.
• Now, you will be prompted to close the security & privacy window.
This article smartly deals with on how to overcome McAfee installation error on macOS issue, however if you find it hard to do away with it then McAfee users can coordinate with customer support with ease remotely. The customer support can be used by McAfee users all the time to resolve their issue.