McAfee is the name of one of the most sought-after antivirus that can be used for Windows or MacOS. It provides impenetrable security to both MacOS and Windows. But the performance speed of system gets slower. While taking the performance of the system into consideration, McAfee has decided to come with new features like exclude those files and apps which you don’t want to be scanned by McAfee antivirus product. But this feature is not available in all of the plans of McAfee except Life Safe or Total Protection. The process of Exclude Files From Virus Scans is different for both MacOS and Windows. This post comes with complete information about excluding files on MacOS and Windows.
Importance of Exclude Files From Virus Scans On MacOS Or Windows
If your system is protected by any sorts of antivirus, your system cannot work up to its mark. But it is also necessary to protect your system from being victimized by hackers or online criminals. In this situation, to Exclude Files From Virus Scans on MacOS and Windows is one of the most convenient ways to enhance the performance of the system. In order to run excluded files, it will ask you to make double click on it so that you can read or write from the drives.
With the help of real time scanning feature, the safes files or apps can be excluded from being scanned it happens when you have subscribed the plan of McAfee Life Safe or Total Protection. If you keep all those excluded files or apps in a drive which you don’t want to scan, thus the performance of the system will be enhanced.
The files which are known as an excluded means those files are not scanned. In order to run those files, you will have to make double click on it. It is also possible to read and write those files which are available in the drive. If selected files are found in the app for exclusion, the reading and writing action can be excluded as well.
Pay attention: The Exclude Files From Virus Scans or apps can found to be infected with any malware; it will disappear from the browser screen and will be kept in a quarantined.
Easy Steps To Learn How To Exclude Safe Files On MacOS Or Windows
New Windows User Interface
1. The first step is to open McAfee security software.
2. Now, hover your cursor at the top right corner of the screen, and there you will find settings gear icon, and then click on it.
3. Move to the PC settings, click on “the real time scanning “option.
4. As you reach out to Excluded files, you are supposed to click on the “Add File.”
5. Check and choose the files which you wish to Exclude Files From Virus Scans or from the real-time scanning.
6. If you want to exclude multiple files from being scanned, the same process is repeated.
Exclusion Of Files For A Mac
1. At first, you must open McAfee security software.
2. Now, click on the Mac security.
3. Later on, tap on real time scanning.
4. Thereafter, click on the “excluded files”.
5. Finally, click on “add”.
6. Now, go to select the files which you like to Exclude Files From Virus Scans or from the real time scanning.
7. In case of excluding multiple files from being scanned, you must repeat this process.
Legacy Window User Interface
1. Firstly, you must open McAfee security product.
2. Now, go to click on the PC security.
3. Just after it, make a click on real time scanning.
4. Thereafter select excluded files.
5. Now, click on “add file”.
6. Check and find the files which you like to Exclude Files From Virus Scans or from the real time scanning.
7. If you have intention to exclude multiple files, you will have to go through the same process.
In order to enhance the performance of the system despite using McAfee antivirus security software on MacOS and Windows, The users can find complete information in detail how to exclude all those files from being scanned. If the users find it hard they can make contact to the technicians of McAfee Redeem Card Activation who are available around the clock.